If the audiovisual material will be available online, copy video from the Electronic Records Repository location to \\libsysmartin\Transcode\Archives\video, and copy audio to the corresponding audio folder located in the Archives Transcode folder. If the audiovisual material will be nearline, copy video to \\libsysmartin\Transcode\Archives\videoAuth, and copy audio to the corresponding audioAuth folder located in the Archives transcode folder. Note: files must be copied individually—folders will not copy. From this point forward, online and nearline have separate instructions until creating an Archon entry.
- Transcode will automatically process the files and upload them to Ensemble Video. Video will take several hours to upload; audio should transfer relatively quickly.
- Get archives log-in information from Chris Prom and log-in to Ensemble Video.
- If the record series does not have a previously created Web Destination, you must create one. Under the Web Publishing tab, select “configure” under Categories and “Add a new category.” Name the Web Destination according to the series (a.k.a. Stanley Smith Papers).
- Under the Media library tab, select “edit” on the newly imported audio-visual. Input metadata for each file, adding as much as necessary. Make sure to provide a link back to the Archon record series under “Manage Content.” When asked to specify dimensions and bandwidth on a later screen, do not change the default.
- You can choose to publish the audio-visual files immediately or at a later date. Once published, it will appear on the University Archives Audio-Visual site.
- Return to the Transcode folder and delete the audio visual materials once the file is copied into Ensemble Video.
- Transcode will automatically process the files and upload them to a secure website located at https://secure.las.illinois.edu/video/library/?src=/Archives//file name.file extension (mp4 for video and mp3 for audio). Video will take several hours to upload; audio should transfer relatively quickly.
- If the record series has more than one URL that cannot fit into Archon’s “Content URL” space (see Archon details below), create a text file using Note Pad that gives the specific URLs for each video and audio in the record series. For an example, see record series 15/34/50 in the Electronic Records Repository. Name the file “nearline_access.txt.”
- Return to the Transcode folder and delete the audio visual materials once the file is copied into the secure website.
Under the previously created control card entry in the Collection Manager:
- In the “Location(s)” tab on a new line, type “e-records” into Content, and select DIG: Libsysdigi Electronic Records Repository for the Location. Under Extent, add the number of megabytes.
Under the Admin Menu, Digital Library Tab, select “Digital Library Manager.” Create a new record with the following:
- Title: “Audio-Visual Records from the ___Series Title___ (Online or Nearline)”
- Identifier: input record series number-avonline or avnearline (example: 1505050-avonline or avnearline)
- Content URL:
- Online: input specific link to AV material (http://archives.library.illinois.edu/Electronic%20Records/av…) and keep URL link checked
- Nearline: input path to secure location (https://secure.las.illinois.edu/video/library/?src=/Archives//file name.extension) and keep URL checked. In the case of multiple items, input path to the text file and uncheck URL link.
- Subjects: make sure to list “Audio-Visual Material,” along with other relevant subjects
- Collection: search options to find associated Series
- Input all other information as needed.
- Input information as needed.
- Rights Statement: choose the appropriate copyright statement.