Finding Aid Additional Entry
- If a finding aid (or an addition to an existing finding aid) is not required, skip to the Archon entry. If the series requires a finding aid, follow the instructions below for electronic records.
- In the previously created WordPerfect file located on the G drive, preface the individual box list with the note: materials on these disks have been copied to the Archives’ Electronic Records Repository.
- Label any records in the Electronic Records Repository as labeled in the finding aid, if possible.
Under the previously created control card entry in the Collection Manager:
- In the “Location(s)” tab on a new line, type “e-records” into Content, and select DIG: Libsysdigi Electronic Records Repository for the Location. Under Extent, add the number of megabytes.
Under the Admin Menu:
- Under the Digital Library Tab, select “Digital Library Manager.” Create a new record with the following:
- Title : “Electronic Records of ___Title___ (Nearline)” to indicate born-digital records or “Digital Surrogates of ___Title___ (Nearline)” to indicate digitized records
- Identifier: input record series number-nearline (example: 1505050-nearline)
- Content URL: input location of folder, and uncheck URL is hyperlink
- Collection: search options to find associated Series
- Input all other information as needed.
- Physical Description: information about file type and size
- Rights Statement: choose appropriate copyright statement.
- Input all other information as needed. Save.