CD-Rom and DVD-R/W
- Instructions for ripping CDs and DVDs and transferring to appropriate directory.
- Instructions for ripping 3.5″ and transferring to appropriate directory.
- To migrate information from 5.25″ floppies contact Tracy Popp, the Digital Preservation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Instructions for digitizing audiocassettes can be found under EVA Resources.
- Digital images must always be converted into embossed JPEGS before they are made available online or nearline.
- Converting Images to Embossed JPEGs
Note: We currently have no way to transfer data from Mac floppies and other storage devices such as zip drives and cartridges at the Archives. Contact Tracy Popp, the Digital Preservation Coordinator, at email@example.com for assistance. If Preservation cannot help, keep these storage devices with the record series and make a note in the finding aid.