What to Submit
Every submission should have two parts.
- Any audio, video, text, or image files you want to include in the archives.
- A document or spreadsheet containing your name and email address (or other contact information) and the following information for all files: file name, file date, submitter’s name, and brief description of contents.
This information will help us make the files available for public use. A photograph of four females does not tell us much on its own, but if you let us know that they are the 1978 Big 10 championship women’s 4X100 relay team right after the race, or the first four women to graduate from the University at their 30th reunion, or four generations of women in the same family who are proud Illini, it has more value and meaning for researchers.
How to Submit
We take EVA Initiative submissions through Box.com as part of a University wide pilot program. If you are affiliated with the University, please follow the below instructions. If you are not affiliated with the University, please contact us for how to submit files as a collaborator without setting up a Box.com account. If you cannot or do not want to use Box.com, please contact us and we will work with you to find an alternate method of transferring the files.
- If you are affiliated with the University, you can use your NetID and AD password to log in.
- Once you’re logged in, click the “+ New” box at the top right of the Box.com homepage and select “New Folder” from the drop down menu. Name the folder “EVA Submission.” Make sure the “Invite people to upload or download files” option is selected and enter the email address of your contact at the University Archives. “Select access type” should be set to “Editor.” Click “Create Folder.”
- Upload files. You can either drag and drop the files into the folder in the Box.com site, or click the “Upload” button at the top right of the page and browse for the files on your computer.
- Once we have received notification that we have been given access to that folder, we will begin the process of transferring the files to our own storage space. This could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the volume of submissions received.
You will receive notification from us when we have transferred all the files and you can take the files down to free up more of your storage space.
If you encounter any problems at any point, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.