General Student Experience
- When were you a student, what kind of academic and/or extracurricular activities were you involved in?
- What was one of your most memorable experiences on campus and/or during your student days?
- How does the current student experience seem to be similar to/different from yours?
- Describe your favorite place to hang out on campus.
- Describe your favorite place to hang out off campus.
- Who was your favorite professor and why?
- What was your favorite class and why?
- What did you and your friends do on Friday/Saturday nights?
- What organizations were you involved in?
- Do you remember any special events/news stories/celebrities on campus while you were a student?
- What was your housing situation when you were on campus? Did you have a roommate? Did you like the food?
- Why did you decide to join a fraternity/sorority and how did you choose which one to join?
- Did your fraternity/sorority have a house and did you live there?Why or why not? What do you remember about that?
- What kind of social and/or service activities did you do as a fraternity/sorority?
- What other sororities/fraternities did your fraternity/sorority associate/collaborate with?
- How do you see the current Greek experience as compared to your Greek experience?
Important Events by Decade
- 1941-45 WWII
- 1945 Stadium Terrace
- 1945 Residence Hall integration
- 1946-49 Galesburg Campus
- Civil rights
- 1950 female cheerleaders
- 1950-53 Korean War
- 1953 cars on campus
- 1960 Leo Koch
- 1963 JFK
- 1964 Beatles
- 1967 University centennial
- 1968 MLK Jr.
- 1968 Project 500
- 1969 Moon landing
- 1970 Kent State
- 1971 IMPE
- 1980 change in drinking age
- 1985 Farm Aid
- 1986 Hands Across America
- 1989 Berlin Wall
- Chief Illiniwek
- 1992 Rodney King/race riots
- 1998 Clinton and Gore visit
- Chief Illiniwek
- Unofficial St. Patrick’s Day
- 2001 World Trade Center